How do you know where to start when doing your own marketing?
“Find a way to make marketing fun for you so that it doesn’t seem like a chore”
- The more curious you are – the earlier and more effective your marketing will be
- If you can find a way to make marketing fun for you, it will seem less like a chore and your target prospects will respond more positively to what you communicate.
- 4 key challenges when it comes to focussing on marketing:
- No time
- No budget
- No plan or strategy behind the tactics
- Not sure where to start
- Apply the OTTER Framework to reduce overwhelm and help you focus:
- O – Set clear objectives in line with your business goals
- T – Understand what tools, assets and resources you need to achieve your objectives and what you have already that you can leverage.
- T – Identify gaps in your knowledge and expertise and look at what training you might need to do what you need to do.
- E – Align your expectations wtih everyone involved including your own expectations of yourself. Set yourself up for success and set a Good, Better and Best outcome that ensures you won’t be dissapointed but you will also challenge yourself too.
- R – Review and reflect on what you’re doing regularly so you know what to start doing, stop doing, continue doing and optimise.
There is no cookie-cutter approach to marketing so it’s important you explore options and find what will work for you and your business.
Mentioned Links and References:
Marketing Goal Setting and Planning Workshop – 16th December 2020 – Save your spot here