Episode 12 with Russell Stalters – How to get your tech solution through the door and into the hands of your ideal clients
Marketing isn’t about closing the sale it’s about opening the relationship
- People do not buy technology because it is cool. We buy technology because it solves a problem.
- Can you answer the question – what is the big problem that you solve?
- Features have nothing to do with solving a problem.
- Buyers go to conferences as an efficient way of meeting new suppliers and finding solutions – don’t turn your ideal clients into victims of bad trade show marketing and leave them frustrated.
- If you’re clever in marketing you’ll lose – don’t be clever as you’re confusing your audience.
- Our brains are hard wired to make sense of the world using stories so incorporating them into your marketing is a smart move.
- When you tell stories position your customer as the hero and you as the guide and tell them how you’re going to help them win the day by working for you.
- If you’re looking for investment tell another story but position the investor as the hero in the story and show them how you are going to help them win the day, come aw
- People buy from people and people that can solve a problem for them and the technology is a way to solve that problem.
Mentioned Links and References:
Clarified Marketing Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clarifyyourmarketing/
Building a StoryBrand – Donald Miller
The Art of Explanation: Making your Ideas, Products, and Services Easier to Understand Lee Lefever
Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck – Chip & Dan Heath
If you love this episode and can’t wait to hear more then please subscribe to the podcast on your favourite platform and if you’d like to receive notifications you can subscribe below and I’ll email you when a new episode comes out 🙂
About Russell Stalters:
Russ Stalters was the guy BP selected for the information and data management strategy after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Day after day he dealt with tech companies who could not communicate clearly how they could help. They had solutions, but did not know how to talk about them. Now Russ is on a mission to help companies clarify their marketing so that great solutions can get into the hands of the people who need them. Russ is also a StoryBrand Guide.
Book A Call With Me
Find out how you can leverage your existing marketing to build better leads. Book your call here.